Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Santa's on his way

According to the TV Santa is in the Figi Islands right now. Been there once on a layover coming from Australia. Too hot for me. Quantas stopped to pick up some people who were being kicked out of the country. We never got off the plane due to the armed guards on the runway.

I'll be in your house before Santa. But I would expect that since my little Toyota does 32 miles to the gallon and I am not sure of the MPG's of Santa's sled.

I think it will be an interesting visit. You wrapped in fleece and me hooked up to a heating pad. Fortunately we won't starve. Not only is the soup on, it is frozen and loaded into the freezer.

My stiff neck is a pulled muscle from trying to unscrew my blender after cooking soup. That,plus trying to move a radiator in order to replace an air valve. Stubborn as I am, I tried to replace an old air valve with a brand new one. Guess what, the new ones are 1/8 inch taller and thus will not clear the wall behind the radiator. I tried to move the radiator out from the wall a little and added to the blender mishap. What a pain in the neck! Then to add to the matter, as I was doing this I clenched my teeth and aggravated the arthritis in my jaw - of course on the side opposite the stiff neck. Now I can't open my mouth fully. Thus an opportunity to sip soup. I knew there must have been a method to my madness in making 18 quarts of soup! I hope I don't have to drink all the soup before I get cured. The soup is for the chemo star not the reckless old lady.

I liked your Santa hat. What kind of a bonnet will you get for after the holidays. I have an authentic Russian soldier's hat - with insignia - from the trip GE and I took to East Germany in 1989. It has earflaps - good for wintery walks. See you later. Love M

1 comment:

Sara Bean said...

Ah, yes, the Russian hat! I remember that story...